Summer and winter research projects
Summer and winter research projects provide students with the opportunity to participate in a research project, working alongside some of the University’s leading researchers. Throughout the program, you will:
- gain valuable academic and professional skills
- develop links with industry and academics
- have the opportunity to taste research before committing to a research higher degree.
Who can apply?
Research programs are open to undergraduate, honours, or masters by coursework students, who:
- Are currently enrolled at UQ at the time of application;
- Have completed at least one year of study at the time of application;
- Studying for a degree relevant to the research discipline; and
- Have a high level of academic achievement during their undergraduate degree.
Winter research programs - Four to six weeks over the winter holidays (from mid-June to mid-July)
Summer research programs - Six to ten weeks over the summer holidays (mid-November to mid-February).
All applicants will be automatically considered for Scholarships. No scholars are permitted to participate in the program in a voluntary capacity.
Available research projects
How to apply
Applications to the summer and winter research projects are made through the UQ Advantage Office.