Resources for Current Students
Welcome to the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS). Please read our welcome letter (PDF, 476KB) which contains orientation information and other requirements.
Get help with...
- personal and lifestyle needs at Student Services
- program design at myAdvisor - find out about enrolling, deferring or changing your program, studying overseas, fees and charges
- technology at AskIT - support for your devices, logins, UQLearn (Blackboard), software, how to redirect your UQ email to your usual email address
- get UQNav on your phone to find buildings, banks, cafes etc on every UQ campus
- workplace health and safety requirements by reading OHS in the lab (PDF, 654KB) and SHRS OHS induction (PDF, 269KB) and submitting the completed student safety declaration form for practical class work (PDF, 250KB) to the Student Administration Support Unit (SASU).
- keep a record of all requirements by using the SHRS Requirements Self Record form (PDF, 277KB)
Discover your UQ account
Login to My.UQ to access your UQ email, Learn.UQ (Blackboard), news and SI-net. Use SI-net to:
- search for and enrol in courses
- sign-on to classes and tutorials
- view your results
- view your timetable
- apply for financial assistance and pay fees.
One working day after enrolling, you can get your student ID card.
Throughout your degree, you will go on placements where you’ll be working in healthcare facilities and treating patients. As such, it’s important to keep up to date with placement requirements. Visit the program forms and advice page for the Queensland Health checklist, confidentiality statement and blue card, immunisation and statutory declaration forms. You can download the Professional Practice Information Manual here.
Transferring into our programs
You can apply to transfer into our programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, depending on how much study you have already completed. Find out more about changing programs.
UQ’s support services can assist with:
- Student services – the range of services available to you
- Disability services – free disability, illness, injury and mental health services
- Teaching and learning assistance – strengthen your study skills
- Student union – student life
- IT services – network, internet and IT support
- MyUQ – access email, mySI-net, e-Learning, myCalendar, myStudy and more.
Overseas professional registration
If you want to work overseas after graduating, we can supply you with documentation for professional registration with overseas bodies or boards.
Interprofessional intercultural placements
Click here to find out more about the Interprofessional Intercultural Placements.
Student and Academic Support Unit (SASU)
P: (07) 3365 4506
A: Level 3, Therapies Annexe (building 84A), St Lucia campus