Get your program off to a good start by following the advice in the practice manual and completing all required tasks.

Professional Practice Information Manual

Download the Professional Practice Information Manual (PDF, 677KB) to find all the information you need about requirements for your professional practice experience.

Program forms and tasks

Blue Card applications must be submitted in hard copy to the Student and Academic Support Unit on Level 3 of the Therapies Annexe Building (84A).

Upload all completed documentation except Blue Card applications to the Blackboard Program Community site.

Occupational health and safety requirements

Staff and students have a responsibility to abide by policies within occupational health and safety (OHS). Students and staff can find information about OHS requirements on the Occupational Health and Safety website.

Staff and students are required to report all near misses, incidents and injuries through UQ’s OHS Incident Reporting Database, including those that occur at a non-UQ workplace. The procedure to report an incident while on placement at a non-UQ site is provided here.

Student travel insurance

Automatic travel insurance coverage applies to currently enrolled UQ students undertaking a journey within Australia – which is more than 50km from their normal place of residence or business premises – and is either:

  1. Approved University travel as per 1.90.01 UQ Travel Policy and Procedures (PPL); or
  2. Approved work off campus as per 2.30.09 Work Off-Campus Policy and Procedures (PPL).

Note: Students no longer need to complete a Travel Notification Form for domestic travel.

More information about UQ travel insurance coverage, claims and exclusions

International travel

To be covered by UQ's insurance policy while undertaking University-approved overseas travel students must:

  1. Complete a Travel Notification Form (XLSX, 20KB)  
  2. Complete the Travel Checklist (DOCX, 33KB) 

Submit your Travel Notification Form and Travel Checklist to These details will be passed on to the University's Insurance Office and you will receive a Travel Notification Number.

Concession travel in Regional Queensland

You are eligible to apply for a tertiary concessions sticker to go on your current student ID if you are travelling to regional Queensland for your placement. For more details visit the Translink website.


Student and Academic Support Unit
Level 3, Therapies Annexe (building 84A), St Lucia campus
Phone: (07) 3365 4506