Program forms and advice
Enjoy a successful placement by following the advice in the Practice Manual and completing the required tasks before you start.
Professional Practice Manual
Find all the information you need about requirements for your professional practice experience, download the Professional Practice Information Manual (PDF, 1.07MB).
Program forms and tasks
Please upload all your completed documentation (except Blue Card applications) to your Blackboard Program Community site. Blue card applications must be submitted in hard copy to the SHRS Student and Academic Support Unit on level 3 of the Therapies Annexe Building (84A).
- SHRS Requirements Self Record (PDF, 278KB), your checklist of tasks
- Immunisation Form (PDF, 985KB), to collect evidence of your immunisation status
- Blue Card Application and Renewal Form (PDF, 216KB), so you can work with children
- Blue Card Authorisation to Confirm Form (PDF, 184KB), if we need to confirm that you can work with children
- Confidentiality Statement (PDF, 50KB)
- Statutory Declaration (PDF, 26KB)
- Queensland Health student placement training requirements
- QLD Health Student Deed Poll (PDF, 249KB), you agree to privacy, consent and other placement requirements
- QLD Health Student Orientation Checklist
- First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Adult consent forms for images
Placement more than 60km away
Student travel insurance
The University has a Corporate Travel Insurance Policy which covers current enrolled students while they are undertaking UQ Authorised Travel for placements.
If a student's placement is:
- More than 200kms from their usual campus; OR
- More than 60kms from their usual campus and they are travelling by train, bus, ferry, air or other commercial means (i.e. not driving); OR
- More than 60kms from their usual campus and they are staying overnight (regardless of your means of travel);
Then to be covered by UQ's policy students must:
Submit your Travel Notification Form and Travel Checklist (if applicable) to email@example.com. These details will be passed on to the University's Insurance Office and you will receive a Travel Notification Number.
For more information about the University's Travel Insurance Policy see www.fbs.uq.edu.au/insurance
Concession travel in regional Queensland
If you are travelling to regional Queensland for your placement you are eligible to apply for a tertiary concessions sticker to go on your current student ID. For more details visit the Translink website.
Student and Academic Support Unit (SASU)
P: (07) 3365 4506
A: Level 3, Therapies Annexe (building 84A), St Lucia campus