Program forms and advice
Enjoy a successful placement by following the advice in the Practice Manual and completing the required tasks before you start.
Professional Practice Information Manual
Find all the information you need about requirements for your professional practice experience, download the Professional Practice Information Manual (PDF, 677KB).
Program forms and tasks
Please upload all your completed documentation (except Blue Card applications) to your Blackboard Program Community site. Blue card applications must be submitted in hard copy to the SHRS Student and Academic Support Unit on level 3 of the Therapies Annexe Building (84).
- SHRS Requirements Self Record (PDF, 278KB), your checklist of tasks
- Immunisation Form (PDF, 985KB), to collect evidence of your immunisation status
- Blue Card Application and Renewal Form (PDF, 91KB), so you can work with children
- Blue Card Authorisation to Confirm Form (PDF, 82KB), if we need to confirm that you can work with children
- Confidentiality Statement (PDF, 50KB)
- Statutory Declaration (PDF, 26KB)
- Queensland Health student placement training requirements
- QLD Health Student Deed Poll (Domestic students), you agree to privacy, consent and other placement requirements
- QLD Health Student Deed Poll (International students)
- QLD Health Student Orientation Checklist
- First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Adult consent forms for images
Occupational Health and Safety Requirements
Staff and students have a responsibility to abide by policies within Occupational Health and Safety. The following link provides information to students and staff about the requirements: http://www.uq.edu.au/ohs/
Staff and students are required to report all near misses, incidents and injuries through UQ’s OHS Incident Reporting Database (UQSafe – Incident), including those that occur at a non-UQ workplace. The procedure to report an incident whilst on placement at a non-UQ site is provided here.
Student travel insurance
Automatic travel insurance coverage applies to UQ staff and currently enrolled UQ students undertaking a journey within Australia, which is more than 50km from their normal place of residence or business premises and is either:
- Approved University travel as per 1.90.01 UQ Travel Policy and Procedures (PPL); or
- Approved work off campus as per 2.30.09 Work Off-Campus Policy and Procedures (PPL).
Note: Students no longer need to complete a Travel Notification Form for domestic travel.
More information can be found regarding UQ travel insurance coverage, claims and exclusions here.
To be covered by UQ's insurance policy while undertaking approved University travel oversea students must:
Submit your Travel Notification Form and Travel Checklist to email@example.com. These details will be passed on to the University's Insurance Office and you will receive a Travel Notification Number.
Concession Travel in Regional Queensland
If you are travelling to regional Queensland for your placement you are eligible to apply for a tertiary concessions sticker to go on your current student ID. For more details visit the Translink website.
Student and Academic Support Unit (SASU)
P: (07) 3365 4506
A: Level 3, Therapies Annexe (building 84A), St Lucia campus